Thursday, June 3, 2010

Feeling Purposeful: Qs 1-3

I’ve been drawn to author Seth Godin lately. Through his e-newsletter, I get a brief and succinct dose of Seth daily. His words of encouragement motivate and inspire me to THINK and ACT on my passions. I consider myself lucky to have found him at this point in my journey.


One of his recent blog posts, 16 questions for free agents, put me in an introspective place. Since I AM starting out as an entrepreneur, I challenged myself to answer his questions.


Here’s the first installment:


Q1: Who are you trying to please?


Such a simple question, and stumped already. The easy answer is me, but it’s deeper than that. I’m not doing this to impress anyone. I’m doing it because I have to. It’s critical for me to take a risk in an effort to create the life I envision for my son and I.


Q2: Are you trying to make a living, make a difference, or leave a legacy?


The truth is, I’m trying to do all three.


My Legacy: Right now, I believe the opportunity is ripe to work hard and follow my dreams. It is IMPERATIVE for me to LIVE that example for my son.


Making A Difference: Gaia Greetings is built on the philosophy that ALL IS ONE. The root of our mission is based on connection. I want to touch people and be a ripple of positivity that extends far and wide.


Making a Living: It’s more about CREATING a LIFE that is fulfilling for me. While I am currently blessed with fortune in employment, I know for sure that my life will be limited if I live under the umbrella of someone else’s aspirations.


Q3: How will the world be different when you’ve succeeded?


This question makes me smile. The difference will be measured by the effect our reach has on personal relationships. People will smile, they’ll feel loved, supported, appreciated, closer bonds will be formed, there will be stories to tell, and those lives will be fuller as a result. It’s not tangible, it’s emotional.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please consider others and maintain positivity in your posts. Mutual Respect. All is One. Gaia Groove.